Today, it wasn't the first time for the Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak to congratulate Israel in a letter to Shimon Peres on the so called " 62nd Independence Day", only against the will and interest of most of his nation. To the vast majority of Egyptians, this day is a tragedy wherein Palestine was officially fallen. Being a repeated act does not necessarily mean it was not the most painful to the entire Arab world, taking in consideration the concurrent happenings and acts to this letter, these are;
- Israeli destructive excavations under Al-Aqsa mosque is continued, including news about underground metro line in Jerusalem that passes under the mosque.
- The controversial steel wall on the borders, which is ghettoizing Gaza and Palestinians more and more is almost done.
- Ahram official newspaper in Saturday 17th of April had almost praised Mossad chief, Meir Dagan, naming him "Superman" on the occasion of assassinating the Iranian nuclear scientist; Massoud Ali Mohammadi.
- Mubarak system is practicing ongoing oppression against political reform activists, including proven cases of torture since 06-04-2010. A contrast that builds an image of regime that is harsh internally and ultra soft externally.
By end of the war, Charlles de Gaulle was in cabinet as chief of state in the liberated France, while Marshal Petain, who used before to be proud of his military achievements including battle of Verdun, had to stand before a court of law, and listen to his judges stating him to be guilty with treason, and deciding his death sentence for it. It was then when De Gaulle reduced the penalty to lifetime prison. Now, what can we get out of this historical algorithm? I believe we get the following;
- The hero of World War I has sold out his cause and his country in the World War II when he was in his 80s. Thence, Mubarak being a hero figure in 1973 war as head of air forces does not undermine the fact he let down all our national values including resistance to Zionism plans in Middle East.
- Among defeated nations, resistance figures are called terrorists and accused for altering with their own nation's welfare and safety. Nonetheless, later on, they take the glory they deserved in the book of times, while there opponents suffer treason accusations. Therefore, one day Hassan Nasrullah will be called one day the man who stood against Zionism while Mubarak, Abdullah of Saudi and Abdullah of Jordan will face hard time before the court of history.
- Petainism became a symbol of defeat and negativism, while DeGaullism became a symbol of national pride and societal orientation. Maybe one day, Mubarak and Nasrullah name will be symbolizing some meanings.