On Assassination of Benazir Bhutto
On Assassination of Benazir Bhutto
Free it to encircle the Earth
This lady was pushed to steal by poverty and illness of her husband, raped by vanity, and let to die by the ignorant village society, who thought she deserves her agonizing death being a fornicator. Now, here image is replaced in my aching head with that of "Jean Valjean" in Hugo's everlasting tragedy "The Miserables" I can not recall the name of the actor. Yet, his image is engraved in my mind, while he entered a small rural restaurant, shivering of cold and hunger altogether. He was asking the waiter, with his eyes carrying a mix of fear, hope, misery and pain, saying; "Soup and bread, I have money ... I can pay"
Another image of "Faten" as a farm girl crosses my mind, from "Taha Hussein" masterpiece this time, "Prayer of a Singing Bird". She played the role of "Amna", the smart sister of "Hanady", who was a simple village girl seduced by the civil engineer, to whom she used to serve as a housemaid. Upon pregnancy, he dumped her, to be back to her family, whereby she was murdered. In that movies "Amna" asked a very fair question. Why we kill the entrapped bird while we do not dare to touch the hunter? I do not agree in general to depicting man as a hunter and woman as the bird, it is a form of a stereotyping. However, in that movie, the girl was a real naive victim who lost her life under the motto of love. By the end of that movie, Taha Hussein narrated "Prayer of the singing bird, was it narrating the very same song, in that deserted space wherein Hanadi was slayed"
Matthew: 38. Leaving them to his prayer, he came back to find they all fall asleep. So, in his most difficult hour, he prayed alone. He then said to them
Farwelling Secular Prosperity
Direct Airing from presedential residency in Zahera, President "Nasser Al-Magdi"
- Once they put in practice, the shaking economic regulations they announced before, applying what they called "Islamic Economy", this will result in devastating turbulence to the international trading movements. Moreover, their access to power will essentially freak-out foreign capital investments within Magdstan, which started already since election results airing. The first reaction was freezing the Magdi accounts and credits globally, until the international community ensure these liquid assets shall not be employed to finance terrorism and extremist societies.
- Deterioration of the international relations of Magdstan, also started already with the comments of Mr. Roshdi A'amer on the international bank decisions, freezing assets of Magdstan, wherein he narrated that he does not know a thing called international community! Moreover, he used the words "Shaking EU" and the "Devilish USA'. The expectations about how US and EU shall react to these words are highly variable.
- Once in charge, the new Islamified admin. will apply its totalitarian regimen. Wherein, the personal freedom of individual will be crashed under what they call "Islamic traditions". Sadly, a day has come, when Magdstan adopts a totalitarian system like that of Saudi Arabia and Afghanistan.
- Rapid decline of national unity is highly expected to take place. Starting with the letter submitted from "Michel Samir", the proclaimed leader of "Christian Magdis in US" society, to the US Congress. Needless to say, the fanatic Michel found in the Islamified mass accessing the office, a unique opportunity to justify his dreams of support from USA, aiming to establish an autonomy zone for Christian Magdis in South Magdstan. Which is highly possible to happen if things kept its descending rate. Shall this nightmare comes true? Magdstan will never be one again, once detached, forever detached and further detachements might happen.
Why I hate Sadat?
Here, I shall answer the objecting comments I have got from some friends on the last post “Dead Hero and Dead Zero”. Primarily, I want to say that I had never imagined neither Sadat nor Judas as a Satan, who is skeletoned out of all goodness. Yet, both names have always presented to me the word “Betrayer” embodied in human figure. To give some examples about the betraying nature of Sadat, I will give some examples on variety of levels and from different perspectives, as a man and as a president
- First Betrayal was to his wife and hard days’ partner, when Mohamed Anwar, the junior military officer proposed to Miss “Iqbal” the daughter of his village governor “Umda”, he was a subject of initial rejection by the family due to the social difference. She was “Iqbal” herself who insisted on getting married to the young troop. Later on, when Sadat met Jihan, and she conditioned his to divorce “Iqbal” before getting married to her (not the opposite as shown in the movie), he simply did, he gave the new bride what she asked for apart from the miserable lady, whose daughters had never lived as those of Jihan, the First Lady afterward. This is what a coward man will typically do.
- Second was on the night of revolution, the one who spent in Cinema with “Jene” as he used to call here while his colleagues are under arms, moreover, he created a fake conflict with a man in the cinema and went to police station to register his place during movement time of the army. Later on he claimed it was a coincidence, yakhy …….. (Documented in the Revolution Members Assessment Investigations in 1952)
- Fourth betrayal after he became the president, affirming he will follow “Nasser’s line”. Later on, as the joke said by that time, he followed Nasser’s line with an eraser. (his commitment is documented in AV recordings)
- Fifth when he agreed with Syrians to have the first cessation of attack on Tiran lines while he gave a different orders here to his army. (Compare the documented order of the supreme leader of army and the documented Syrian maps with Sadat handwriting over it)
- Sixth was on 7th of October when he breached to Kissinger his intentions not to propagate the attack further on the Egyptian frontline (CIA release for 1973 LSD)
- Eighth when he decided to solve the Egyptian conflict upon his own initiative requesting others to follow while he took Jerusalem visit initiative alone.
- Ninth when he unleashed the curse of Islamic fundamentalism to face the leftist and Nasserist Protestants to his lousy policies. Through an overt agreement with Omar Temesani
- Tenth when he created the first Muslim/Coptic frictions in the contemporary history through his conflict with the Pope. It was then when Egyptian Christians found out they are treated as a 2nd class citizens in their own land.
- Eleventh when he sold-out all achievements of the public sector, with an ambitious plan to drain it and then sell-it-out in a radical move to right. Needless to mention what we have now is his extension (Documented )
- Twelfth when he selected a clever general who is 100% afar from diplomacy and political life as a deputy to him.
Was this dozen of betrayals enough to hate a man? At least for me it is
أكتب هذا الموضوع القصير بوحي من الصديق "شمس الزناتي" الذي أرسل لي دعوة على الفيسبوك لأنضم لجماعة محبي السادات، فما قرأت هذه الدعوة حتى علت فمي ابتسامة خافتة، و رأيت أن أكتب هذا البوست المقتضب، الذي أوضح فيه كيف أرى السادات مقارنة بالزعيم الراحل "جمال عبد الناصر" من خلال مقارنة ما كتبه شاعر مصر الكبير "أحمد فؤاد نجم" في مناسبة وفاة الرئيسين، و غني عن الذكر أن علاقة "نجم" بالزعيم "عبد الناصر" لم تكن سمنا على عسل بيوم من الأيام ، لكن مع وفاة ناصر و وفاة السادات، خرجت المشاعر العميقة و المعبرة لعمنا أبو النجوم ، و التي أراها معبرة كل التعبير عن رأيي في الرئيسين
السكه مفروشه تيجان الفل والنـــــــرجس
والقبه صهوة فرس عليها الخضر بيبرجس
من ده إللي نايم وساكت والسكات مسموع
إغتيال رئيس جمهورية
أما عند سماعه لخبر اغتيال السادات في العرض العسكري ، فقد أنشد "نجم" مرتجلاً
لا إله إلا الله
rising up as an alternative to slavery arms to support production economics. It was then when honorable men initiated the talks of ceasing slavery as an inhuman system, that is no more a necessity for production. Names like put an end to the matter in the westernmost side of the globe. On the other side, in the old world in 1794, France abolished slavery and freed all enslaved people in her colonies. Then by time, slavery became part of the past in most of the globe. Unfortunately, a country like the Saudi monarchy was one of the very late states to abolish slavery, it was not before 1964 when
However, when we talk about terms like war prisoners’ ransom today in the 21st century, it will look very odd, but it was a regular practice in the medieval chivalric world in Europe. Capturing war prisoners to be released against a sum, usually paid by the prisoners’ tribe or family was also known and practiced in Arabia, and whoever will not be released, shall be enslaved. It was the ancient world daily bread though it looks strange today. Islam, only likely to all other religions, did not try to denounce slavery abruptly, as it was essential to maintain production economics in that time in the 7th century. This we think was the same reason called Judaism and Christianity to tolerate slavery for centuries. However, Islam had developed several temporal regulations to limit slavery and to improve living conditions of the poor humans who were trapped as slaves. We dare to claim Islam had developed organized quantitative limitations as well as some qualitative limitations to slavery and its suffering.
Quantitative Limitations to Slavery:
- Granted to war prisoners –as the first source of supply- different options to avoid being enslaved. First was ransom, second was social performance (e.g. educating a group of illiterates like the case of Badr war prisoners) and the third was converting to Islam.
- Prevented capturing children as the second major source of suuply.
- Set freeing slaves as a repentance condition for many sins and wrong deeds, like accidental murders, preaching an oath …etc.
- Entitled the female slave who gives birth for immediate freedom. Also mandated her husband to consider her as a free wife on spot.
This last regulation was behind a great misperception of Islamic attitude against family planning and contraceptives. When a group of men came to Apostle of God, informing they practice coitus interruptus with their slave girls, then apostle prevented them doing so. It was perceived by many jurists as rejection of family planning. While it was about disarming these people from the trick they used to keep enslaving their girls, preventing them from the right God granted to them when they conceive. Therefore, Muhammad rejected these trials. We support our understanding with what “Omar ibn El-Khattab” when asked about coitus interruptus with wives for family planning, stated, confirming it was used freely during apostle’s life, and was not prohibited by Islam.
Qualitative Limitations to Slavery Morbidities:
- Improved their living conditions in terms of food, clothing and shelter. Mandating it to be relative to their masters’ socio-economic status. Also advising masters to treat their slaves in the same manners they would like to be treated if they were enslaved themselves. Moreover, nominated slaves to be "brothers" of their owners.
- Prohibited employment of slave-girls in prostitution. An act that was common & was not considered socially shameful before Islam. "Umayya ibn Harb", the ancestors of the later Umayyads employed his slave girls in prostitution in Mecca before Islam.
- Encouraged Muslims to free and marry their slave girls even before they give birth as proven by apostolic teachings.
Based on what we listed here, we can say: Yes, Islam tolerated slavery system as a necessity in the seventh century, and applied regulations to decrease the magnitude of suffering of slaves. However, from the general direction of Islam, we can say, if Apostle was alive by the 18th century he would have supported slavery abolition to the fullest extent. Religions give us a broad direction or trend to follow, not a literal doctrine to apply. Islamic trend was absolutely against slavery, only with the cautious treatmen that shall not harm social composition and production relations in the 7th century.
While in PoCGT systems targeting institutional business, the approach to build a marketing mix, product positioning, message and promotional mix is quite closed to that of ethical pharmaceuticals, medical consumables, and medical equipments. The case remarkably differs when we talk about an SMBG system tailored to meet home testing needs.
In the home use glucose monitoring systems world, three approaches were tried;
- Ethical Like Model: Capitalizing on prescription creation from major diabetologists and internists. This model was applied from 1997 to 1999 in MEA. However, when the massive investments in HCPs awareness programs and promotional projects did not fruit satisfactorily in the majority of countries, excepting France, a sort of mind resetting was required.
- Telecoms Like Model: Applying the very consumerism model of high tech consumer products like mobiles, modems .. etc. Supplying a flood of technical info together with massive ATL campaigns. More importantly offering FOC meters to consumers. While this approach succeeded in the first world, it did not achieve much in third world. Due to the extremely low frequency of testing (1.3 box of 50 strips a year). Wherein free meters shall never be justified as a cost!
- Consumer Health Model: as SMBG systems are too simple to be dealt with like a high tech., and too complicated to be treated like a consumable. A midstream applied in MEA at a later stage was in my viewpoint the best of the rest. It relied mainly on;
- Simple message that is palatable to averagely educated diabetics
- Consumer orientation in promotional mix designing. Yet, not to the extent of free trip contests and sweepstakes! A rationalized degree of consumer orientation, presenting to customer the health facts and the product's added values is what it takes to get him as a loyal customer. Price gaming and sales promotion here is of 2ry role, as no one will be taking bribes on the expense of his own health.
Message Simplicity Applied
- Linking the three major added values to the initial section "Con" to facilitate memorization process and support message engraving in consumer mind.
- Benefits Summation in three statements all starting with Ultra and "Con" to further brand memorization
OneTouch is a registered brand name of of LifeScan Johnson & Johnson.
Copyrights© 2003. Eyad A. Harfoush
When Faith Blinds the Man
- Polygamy is highly practiced in the east as the society does not disregard it. So it became easier to imagine and to practise.
- Males enjoys more sexual freedom than females, so it appears from outside as if females are not interested in sex
- Family in case of female fornication suffers more as it is much worse perceived compared to mail fornication.
During a visit to Moments blog, I read a post Shereen wrote, about her adoration to the moon, despite of her knowing sciences had revealed it as a stony surface full of ugly pores. The idea of the post triggered me to write about the concept of life and life truth. The life as we knew it, lived it and used to it, versus the life facts as revealed by scientific researches.
- Recent researches proved the common idea about sweet words and how it creates love to be factious. The very first 90 seconds to 4 minutes of your interview with her/him is the major ignition that marks someone as pass or not pass. This relies mainly on the body language constituting of 55% of the whole thing. 38% on your voice and manners, and only 7% on what you say. So, sweet words helps minimally to earn others hearts. Whoever said that first impresions last was very true.
- Excitement upon seeing your beloved one happens through Adrenaline, that flushes your face and speed-up your heart rate. Also makes you energetic enough to do things and perform like never when you are alone. I remember one day, under the vision of a beloved one in the old days, I managed to beat the wrestling machines in the park. This is not my usual at all
- Highness experienced when you spend time with your beloved one is mediated by Serotonin that accumulates in your blood to feel elated. Needless to mention that Prozac, called one day "drug of happiness" in
is classified as "Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor" (SRI). Love does this on its own with no extrinsic material needed. USA
- Ever missed her/him like crazy? It is the Dopamine dear. It is dopamine, which creates our attachment to someone, and feeling that we miss him/her. This dopaimnirgic effect plus the serotonin elating effect, we define both as "falling in love" with someone. When you do not only feel happy with him /her, but you can not feel so without him/her. Anti-dopamine drugs were proven clinically to decrease the lust feeling toward our special ones.
- After sexual orgasm, Oxytocin floods in blood, giving pleasure and relaxation at a time. It is the same hormone of motherhood. The one attaches the newborn and his beloved mummy together. Yes, the feeling of intimacy after sexual episode and the motherhood feelings has the same father hormone mediator.
- Vasopressin is the hormone of harmony. When you consort in peace with someone for long time, your body links seeing this person to increase production of vasopressin, a hormone that mediates relaxation and comfort feeling. This is what happens usually to husbands and wives after years and years of a common life. A complex form of acclimatization, even without loving one another, the vasopressin gives them both a comfortable feeling when they are together. I think ladies might consider making a memorial statue of this hormone. It is the one keeping the wandering him at home by the end of the day.
- Love induction among human beings were applied in a clinical trial involved 34 volunteers, out of them, in more than 70% of cases they felt something toward each other. 4 cases ended in marriage! The trial aimed to prove that relatively suitable men and women when placed together under favorable conditions are highly likely to end loving each other. Never blame yourself if you felt attracted to someone like a classmate or a colleague. To feel is not a sin, only when you start to manifest, you should observe the rights of others and your own situation and obligations.
For a man to be an immortal role model, I think he must have a faith in something or some idea or ideology, another essential aspect, he must be optimist toward his believed-in case, idea or dream. A man with no guts will never achieve realistic steps toward achieving his goals, and guts needs hope in hearts. The third factor is to be dedicated, to commit his life to achieve his faith. Important condition here is he commits himself only to a fair case, and to a fair and moral means to materialize such a faith, this excludes men like "Ben Ladin" and "Zawahry" from the list forever. They do have dedication, optimism and faith. However, their faith is falsehood itself, and their means are immoral. Now let us test my men with the DOF role, and see who fits in,
One might think I must be a Shiite as I start my role models with Imam "Ali ibn Abit Talib" and not with Muhammad (pbuh). I do not find it a shame surely to be a Shiite. However, I am not and can never be. I am a man who refuses any power of clergy and this sets me apart from both Christianity and Shiite Islam. I do not list Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) among my role models as he was not an ordinary man. He is a man with divine inspiration. Therefore, despite of his grand achievements and glorious deeds, we can not equate him to ordinary leaders. Imam Ali was the 4th Caliph, and the one who had to fight the two poles of falsehood in humankind life. The power and wealth seekers on one pole, represented by "Muawia ibn Abi Sofian" and "Amro ibn Al-Aas", who were supported by all power and wealth seekers in the Caliphate, those who did not tolerate the justice and idealism of Ali. On the other pole, "Khawarej" stood as the blind fanaticism that turns any faith into an agony against its nature. Imam Ali had the faith and dedication to fight both until his honorable martyrdom while praying. He did not possess much optimism by the end of his days, only as he knew with his vision that the era of righteousness had gone forever. However, he persisted on the principle to death.
Che Guevara had a faith in a free & communist Latin America, he was full of belief that his people can do it, and he died for it, this is the highest degree of dedication, and he committed no immoral acts never during his fight against
Hassan Nasrallah, the man of controversy, he has a faith in free
Mao Zedong has his famous faith in a communist
Mohamed Ali Pasha has a faith in an independent
Gamal Abdel-Nasser had a faith in socialist Arab states, united and powerful, lived for it, and died for it after his effort in September 1970 that was too much for a man with pending myocardial infarction. The gang of two (Khamies and Baqary communists of Kafr El-Dawar) and the gang of six (Muslim Brotherhood leaders who conspired against him and arranged for his assassination trial in 1954, Saied Qotb and O'oda being included) who are used as critiques to
Martin Luther had a faith in Christianity before clergy drifting, he believed he can restore it, and he did, witness the millions of Protestant nowadays. This man was the one who liberated the western mind from the theological domination, releasing humanity to prosper in the renaissance. Later on, even the Roman Catholic Church was obliged to show some modesty and loosen its ironic hand; therefore it can keep some followers. To this man, I believe the world as we know today owes much
Galileo Galilee stood on his own in front of the
Averroes did much closed to what Luther and Abdo did and he even lived a more tough life due to his faith. He coupled logic and Islamic faith in his writings. Also he re-introduced the Aristotle philosophy back to
Mahamtma Gandhi, believed in one