Why I hate Sadat?
Here, I shall answer the objecting comments I have got from some friends on the last post “Dead Hero and Dead Zero”. Primarily, I want to say that I had never imagined neither Sadat nor Judas as a Satan, who is skeletoned out of all goodness. Yet, both names have always presented to me the word “Betrayer” embodied in human figure. To give some examples about the betraying nature of Sadat, I will give some examples on variety of levels and from different perspectives, as a man and as a president
- First Betrayal was to his wife and hard days’ partner, when Mohamed Anwar, the junior military officer proposed to Miss “Iqbal” the daughter of his village governor “Umda”, he was a subject of initial rejection by the family due to the social difference. She was “Iqbal” herself who insisted on getting married to the young troop. Later on, when Sadat met Jihan, and she conditioned his to divorce “Iqbal” before getting married to her (not the opposite as shown in the movie), he simply did, he gave the new bride what she asked for apart from the miserable lady, whose daughters had never lived as those of Jihan, the First Lady afterward. This is what a coward man will typically do.
- Second was on the night of revolution, the one who spent in Cinema with “Jene” as he used to call here while his colleagues are under arms, moreover, he created a fake conflict with a man in the cinema and went to police station to register his place during movement time of the army. Later on he claimed it was a coincidence, yakhy …….. (Documented in the Revolution Members Assessment Investigations in 1952)
- Fourth betrayal after he became the president, affirming he will follow “Nasser’s line”. Later on, as the joke said by that time, he followed Nasser’s line with an eraser. (his commitment is documented in AV recordings)
- Fifth when he agreed with Syrians to have the first cessation of attack on Tiran lines while he gave a different orders here to his army. (Compare the documented order of the supreme leader of army and the documented Syrian maps with Sadat handwriting over it)
- Sixth was on 7th of October when he breached to Kissinger his intentions not to propagate the attack further on the Egyptian frontline (CIA release for 1973 LSD)
- Eighth when he decided to solve the Egyptian conflict upon his own initiative requesting others to follow while he took Jerusalem visit initiative alone.
- Ninth when he unleashed the curse of Islamic fundamentalism to face the leftist and Nasserist Protestants to his lousy policies. Through an overt agreement with Omar Temesani
- Tenth when he created the first Muslim/Coptic frictions in the contemporary history through his conflict with the Pope. It was then when Egyptian Christians found out they are treated as a 2nd class citizens in their own land.
- Eleventh when he sold-out all achievements of the public sector, with an ambitious plan to drain it and then sell-it-out in a radical move to right. Needless to mention what we have now is his extension (Documented )
- Twelfth when he selected a clever general who is 100% afar from diplomacy and political life as a deputy to him.
Was this dozen of betrayals enough to hate a man? At least for me it is