- In Position one, poultry industry will be Attracting investments + Improved inputs due to improved performance orientation + Shorted supply à risk of importation facilitation + Overcharging à decreasing consumption
- In position two, it means secured investments and population + Secured supply, decreasing importation risks + Reasonable inputs’ quality orientation.
- While in position no three, it repels investments outside the industry + Low quality inputs orientation
We embrace a vision to become the favored NGO partner to the Egyptian poultry industry, backing its course of development to be eagerly prosperous, practically self-restoring, and fairly fruitful industry to all its stakeholders.
We profess our mission is to factually support the Egyptian poultry industry through bestowing a wide array of educational, technical, and developmental services, as well as integrated marketing solutions. Therefore to help qualifying the industry to face its contemporary challenges.
Egyptian Poultry Improvement Society (EPIS) is a non-governmental organization, under establishment according to the NGOs regulating decree No. 84/ 2002 as a social, developmental and not-for-profit society. EPIS is directly funded through its founding members
- To Support Integration & Integrated Networks: To help effectively in poultry industry reform through a leaping development in production entities toward integration. In this regard, Horizontal as well as vertical integration models should be encouraged and supported
- To Aid in Consumerization: To create a consumer-oriented marketing knowledge for the industry end-products in terms of table eggs, frozen and chilled poultry meat. Three major areas for development:
–Distribution systems with cold chain facilities.
–Selling Outlets with high geographical as well as socio-economic coverage
- Economy of Scale Attainment: To maintain the attractiveness of Egyptian poultry industry to local as well as international investments, through ongoing improvement of production economics. Through:
–Identifying constant returns to scale
–Implementing Upper approach (High fixed cost and constant marginal cost) or Lower approach (Low or no fixed cost and declining marginal cost)
- Qualitative Standards Establishment: To reach qualitative standards enabling the local products to compete with imported poultry meat whether locally or regionally on long-term, as well as support producers abiding by best practices and guidelines and finally raise end-user orientation about quality standards for poultry products. Possibly under an own quality brand linked to specific attributes (Greener is an EPIS Brand Name)
- Standing Committee on Technical Support (SCOTS)
- Standing Committee on Marketing Support (SCOMS)
Ideation and Project was established by the author and Dr. Farid Hosny.
Copyrights© 2008. Eyad Harfoush